Sunday 27 January 2013

1984 Redline RL20 Prostyler [SOLD]

This was the first Freestyler that I had built, a 1984 Redline RL20 Prostyler. The frame and forks were imported from the US and had been freshly repowdered in a pure white with the decals already applied and the headset already fitted. I bought a nice Forklifter stem from Ebay and had this refinished to match. The white freestyle bars were picked up on Ebay too. I thought they were RL20 bars when I bought them, but they aren't. I have yet to identify them. The Redline Flight 170 cranks were vintage single pinch, full wrap, and rechromed and the 'bubble font' chainring had been nicely polished, as was the Dia-Compe 883 Nippon and Tech 4 brakes. The seat was a great example of a Redline stamped Viscount and the seat post clamp was a vintage Peregrine. The wheels are NOS Peregrine Master composite mags, that I picked up, with the help of a friend, from Germany. The pedals were NOS VP800 and the grips are A'Me. I decided to sell this bike in March 2013. I kept the crank arms and chain ring though...they went onto my cherry red Redline 500A. The polished Tech 4s went onto my Mongoose Pro Class rebuild.






FRAME: 1984 REDLINE RL20 PROSTYLER
FORKS: 1984 REDLINE RL20 PROSTYLER
HEADSET: TANGE
STEM: REDLINE FORKLIFTER
WHEELS: PEREGRINE MASTER (NOS)
TYRES: UNION FREESTYLE
FREEWHEEL: SHIMANO DX333

CHAIN RING: REDLINE 43T (BUBBLEFONT)
CRANK: REDLINE 401 FLIGHT 170 SINGLE PINCH/FULL WRAP
BOTTOM BRACKET: REDLINE 401 FLIGHT SEALED
BRAKE: DIA-COMPE NIPPON / TECH 4

SEAT: VISCOUNT (REDLINE STAMPED)
SEAT POST CLAMP: PEREGRINE
HANDLEBARS: UNIDENTIFIED
GRIPS: A'ME TRI

DECALS: REPLICA
PEDALS: VP-800

No comments:

Post a Comment